Popfluence.nl de blog voor inspiratie voor leuke muziek. Ik geef regelmatig recensies over artiesten en albums. Daarnaast deel ik ook mijn passie voor kunst.
- The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation SocietyIn november 1968 the Kinks released their sixth album which initially failed to chart. They had big competition when it came out: "The White album" by the Beatles, "Electric Ladyland" by Jimi Hendrix and "Beggar’s Banquet" by the Rolling Stones. Ray Davies already had a song titled "Village Green" recorded... read more
- The sky's gone outIn 1982 the gothic new wave band Bauhaus released their third album titled "The Sky's Gone Out". They already were a cult band in the gothic scene by then. They formed in Northampton in 1978 as Bauhaus 1919. 1919 was the first year the german art style bauhaus was introduced... read more
- In the court of the Crimson kingThe brothers Giles (Peter and Michael) and Robert Fripp formed the rock group Giles, Giles and Fripp in August 1967. They managed to release an album and two singles without success. Then Peter Giles left the band to be replaced by Ian McDonald. At that point the band was renamed... read more
- FoxtrotIn 1972 Genesis started working on a new album including material already played live ("Watcher of the Skies" and "Can-Utility and the Coastliners"). They were very famous by that time espcially in Italy after their last tour. Some of the material written by Steve Hacket would later materialize on Hacket's... read more
- Lianne la Havas in 2020It's 2020 and after a break of five years Lianne la Havas is back with a new album. Her last album "Blood" was released five years ago.She needed those five years to live her life and many things had happened. Her relationship with her friend from LA ended and she... read more