Popfluence.nl de blog voor inspiratie voor leuke muziek. Ik geef regelmatig recensies over artiesten en albums. Daarnaast deel ik ook mijn passie voor kunst.
- AftermathIn 1966 the Stones released their first fully self composed album and also first good album. Finally the Stones moved away from being a singles band and started concentrating on delivering great albums. Just like the beatles who already delivered the great "Rubber Soul" a year before.The tracks are all... read more
- Aerial BalletHarry Nillson is probably the most under-appreciated 60's/70's songwriter on earth. He was born as Harry Edward Nilsson III in 1941. His paternal grandparents were Swedish circus performers and dancers, especially known for their "aerial ballet". While his grandmother played piano, his grandfather Charlie supported the family in a tiny... read more
- The circle and the squareBritish pop band formed by Simon Toulson-Clarke and Julian Close that started under the name Harlequins then Red Box. Red is a political colour, Square (box) is an old North American Indian term for “white man”. Circle is the term indians used for “man” before the europeans arrived in... read more
- Marc ChagallMovsja Zacharovitsj Sjagal was born in Vitesbk, Belarus (In those days part of Russia) on July 7th 1887. He was part of a jewish family and oldest of nine children. During his childhood he lived in poverty but happy. His father worked in a herring warehouse, and his mother... read more
- Pet SoundsThe career of the Beach Boys started with songs about surfing, beaches, babes and cars. They were popular for their singles but the albums were in most cases based around the singles with some fillers. Sloop John B single cover The albums "The Beach Boys Today!" and "Summer Days (And... read more